3.5 Looked After Children and Other Children Living Away From Home
This procedure is currently under review.
Please see the following national guidance:
- NSPCC guidance on looked after chidren.
- Department for Education guidance on reducing criminalisation of looked after children and care leavers
- Department for Education guidance on promoting the education of looked-after children and previously looked-after children
- NICE quality standard on Looked after children and young people
Foster care and private fostering
- See Children and Families Moving Across Local Authority Boundaries Procedure for when a child is in a foster home outside the area of the responsible local authority.
- See Children (Private Arrangements for Fostering) Regulations 2005.
Children’s homes and residential schools
- See Department for Education (DfE) guidance and regulations on care planning, placement and case review.
Children in hospital
- National Service Framework for Children, Young People and Maternity Services (NSF)
- NICE, Transition from children's to adults' services for young people ising health or social care services
Children in Custody
- The local authorities' responsibilities are set out in Local Authority Circular (LAC) 2004(26).
- Legal Aid Sentencing and Punishment of Offenders Act 2012.
This page is correct as printed on Tuesday 19th of October 2021 06:20:16 PM please refer back to this website (http://hipsprocedures.org.uk) for updates.